Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What are the primary functions and features of a router?
- How do you connect devices for a small routed network?
- Can you configure basic settings on a router to route between two directly connected networks?
- How can you verify connectivity between two networks that are directly connected to a router?
- How do routers encapsulate and de-encapsulate packets when switching packets between directly connected interfaces?
- How do routers determine the best path?
- How do routers build a routing table of directly connected networks?
- How do routers build a routing table using static routes?
- How do routers build a routing table using a dynamic routing protocol?