Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of static routes?
- Can you explain the purpose of different types of static routes?
- Can you configure IPv4 and IPv6 static routes by specifying a next-hop address?
- How is legacy classful addressing used in network implementation?
- What is the purpose of CIDR in replacing classful addressing?
- How do you design and implement a hierarchical addressing scheme?
- How do you configure an IPv4 and IPv6 summary network address to reduce the number of routing table entries?
- Can you configure a floating static route to provide a backup connection?
- How does a router process packets when a static route is configured?
- How do you troubleshoot common static and default route configuration issues?