Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How do switched networks support small to medium-sized businesses?
- How has the convergence of data, voice, and video affected switched networks?
- What benefits are provided by creating networks based on a structured hierarchical design model?
- What are the two most commonly used Cisco hierarchical design models?
- What are the layers found in the Cisco hierarchical design model?
- What switch form factors are available?
- How do Layer 2 switches build and use a MAC address table to forward data?
- What is the difference between a collision domain and a broadcast domain?