Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How do you explain the purpose of VLANs in a switched network?
- How do you analyze the forwarding of frames by a switch based on VLAN configuration?
- How do you configure a switch port to be assigned to data and voice VLANs?
- How do you configure a trunk port on a LAN switch?
- How do you configure Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP)?
- How do you troubleshoot VLAN and trunk configurations in a switched network?
- How do you configure security features to mitigate attacks in a switched network?
- How do you explain security best practices for a switched network?
2. Key Terms | Next Section